The Wildlife Center is pleased to announce five open house dates for early 2016:
- Sunday, February 21 with tours at 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. [All tours are full]
- Saturday, March 5 with tours at 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. [All tours now full]
- Sunday, March 20 with tours at 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. [All tours are full]
- Sunday, April 3 with tours at 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. [All tours are full]
- Saturday, April 9 with tours at 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. [All tours are full]
As a wildlife emergency room and hospital, the Wildlife Center is not usually open to the public. The seasonal open houses are the times during the year when visitors may tour the Waynesboro facility. The next open houses will likely be in July 2016.
Each open house includes a tour of our medical clinic, exam room, and operating suite.
You’ll also meet some of the Center’s education animals – the non-releasable animals that are permanent residents here, including Buddy [a Bald Eagle], Gus [a Barred Owl], and Buttercup [a charismatic Black Vulture]. [As these animals live in outdoor homes, these tours are offered weather permitting.] Patients and patient enclosures will not be seen during the Open Houses.
There is no charge, but reservations are required – and we generally fill up quickly. A limited number of spaces are available for each session.
To reserve your spot:
- Please use this online reservation request form. No phone calls, please!
One of our staff members will process reservations in the order in which they are received. We will send you an email confirmation to let you know that you have made it into the open house.
Please note: Reservations for open houses may be made for up to five individuals; children should be accompanied by parents or guardians. Open house tours are not recommended for children under the age of five. We encourage larger groups [schools, scout troops, etc.] to contact our Outreach department to make alternate arrangements.
If you'd like to be added to our e-mail list and receive notifications of future open house dates [and other Wildlife Center events], please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wildlife Center typically offers three summer open house dates in July; Fall open house dates take place late August - early October; Spring open houses are February - early April.